Hello TB Tech List,

In both tbudl and tbtech, Anirban Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
presented a problem report.  Unfortunately, his code in both cases
contain syntax errors, the use of the AB is unnecessary is illustrate
the point, his use of multiple conditions obscures the problem and his
use of "group mailing" further obscures the issue.

Let's start over.  Assume I have a file c:\a.txt.  I create a New
Message Template which contains this:

    %AttachFile=_c:\a.txt_%-
    %If:"2"="2":"2 == 2":"2 <> 2"%-

Creating a new mail with this template, the file is attached and the
new mail contain the text "2 == 2" as expected.

Now change the 2 line template by cutting the first line and pasting
it to replace the true clause in the second line:

    %If:"2"="2":"%AttachFile=_c:\a.txt_":"2 <> 2"%-

Creating a new mail with this new template, the file is not attached
and no text is included in the new mail.

This appears to be an error - the true clause is executed, but nothing
is being attached.  We can assure ourselves that the true clause is
indeed being executed by changing the template to this:

    %If:"2"="2":"2 == 2%AttachFile=_c:\a.txt_":"2 <> 2"%-

No file is attached and the new mail says "2 == 2" showing that the
true clause was executed.

--
Best regards,
Bill