Hello Bill,

On Friday, June 20, 2003 at 23:39 GMT -0400, electricians were shocked
that Bill Mccarthy [BM] potentially scribbled:

BM> Those 9 lines, could be replaced by these 4:
<snip>
BM> This eliminates 3 variables and, IMO, making the code a little
BM> clearer.

I don't know if that's much clearer.  For you and me, maybe.  But the
reason for using the descriptive variables is to make it easier for
others to understand the macros and modify them for their personal
needs.  Don't forget, not everyone knows how to read a regexp.  Trying
to figure out what information is available for the user is very
non-trivial.

Plus by putting the output of the subpatterns into variables, it
allows for more complex uses and for easier updates if the regexp
needs to be modified.

You want an example with the wrap2 template?  Check out:
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal