Hello Jonathan,

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003 at 12:33 GMT -0500, aliens probed
Jonathan Angliss [JA] and found:

JA> These work great... Now I'll see if I can work out how to ignore the
JA> <> in the email addresses too now.

Just move the regular round brackets to surround the section you want
to capture.  I put them outside the angular brackets, but you can
easily move them inside the angular brackets.  In this case we aren't
using any repetition modifiers on the subpattern, so the subpatterning
is completely arbitrary.  See my reply to your other message for the
modified regexp.

>> %_Tab="%Put='<path>\tabfile.txt'"%-

JA> I tried cheating on this one, and copying a tab character from notepad
JA> into the editor, but it replaced it with a space, so I ended up having
JA> to go with this option.

I figured that was the only way.  I suppose someone could write a
plugin macro that would let you insert any character.  But I'm not sure
I'd want to install a DLL just for that.

JA> It does work great... in fact, perfectly... I adjusted the last line
JA> to have a %- on it as it resulted in extra line spaces in the file
JA> (might be bad c&p).

JA> Great work... thanks...

Excellent.  I'm glad it works.

JA> now can I borrow your brain for a couple of weeks? ;)

Only if I can have Brain 2.0 installed in the interim. Of course I've
heard rumors that Money 2003 can infect Brain 2.0 and give
unrestricted access to all IP.  Unfortunately, neither is compatible
with Grad School 2004.  ;-)

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal