Hi Shantanu,

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:32:56 [GMT +0530] (3:02 AM EDT here) you wrote:

> Can someone please explain what exactly does "color groups and fonts" does?

I use color groups, manually, to indicate the priorities I have set on
handling messages I've received and read (or possibly only scanned).
For instance:

             I use red to call my attention to messages I'd like to
             reread sometime.

             I use bright fuchsia to call my attention to
             time-critical messages that I MUST respond to.

> I read the manual but didn't get what exactly the authors mean by it.
> Is it that i can use the feature wherein I can use different colors for
> different mailing list or individuals. So, every time I open The Bat all
> mails sent by a particular  friend appear in a specific color?

Absolutely. You can filter your incoming mail to recognize your
friend's e-mail address. On the filter's Actions tab, check "Set the
Message's Coloor Group," and select a color.

Using The Bat! v1.62r
on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195Service Pack 4

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/