i'm on a mailing list that overwrites all normal RFC-822 headers with
the list name (animal list) instead of the actual author's name.

so my 'Reply' format is always wrong. but at the start of each post,
it does get inserted in the regular text. is there a way to make the
Bat take and use that name, when setting up the reply?

right now it does when i reply is this:
--------------------------------
on 17/11/03, Animal-List wrote

--------------------------------

what i want it to do is this:

--------------------------------

on 17/11/03, Marc MacYoung wrote

oh, deleting the first two text lines (From: and Sent:) is not at all
essential, but it would be nifty. i'm not sure why the date there is
different from what Bat identifies as the creation date, but i don't
really care.

--

Thanks,
Charlie