Hello Graham,

Thursday, August 19, 2004, 2:37:54 AM, you wrote:
FG> RSS feeds to keep people informed of updates?

Yeah, if you wanted to manage that, we could do that too.

FG> I've been looking at Wiki's and there are zillions of them.
FG> Depends on your restrictions as to which one you get... You said
FG> PHP.. by do you have MySQL? Could you run another environment ?
FG> (Tomcat / J2EE)

I own the server, lock stock and barrel, but I'm pretty dang partial
to Sambar as my web/ftp/mail/WebDav etc server. I just built an Apache
Tomcat J2EE server for development at work before I went on leave. I
doubt I'm going to run it on my own server though. Right now it runs:

Sambar, PHP, MySQL on a Win2K box.

FG> MediaWiki is PHP / MySQL based and looks pretty cool
FG> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_feature_list

I'll take a look.

FG> X Wiki - is J2EE based using MySQL
FG> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

Probably not going to do this one. J2EE

FG> VQWiki is a very simple J2EE based Wiki
FG> http://veryquickwiki.veryquick.org/

Same here J2EE

FG> and instiki is a single file install Wiki using Ruby. Very basic -
FG> but a trivial starting point (no registration / security though)
FG> http://www.instiki.org/show/HomePage for the instiki details and
FG> http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl for Ruby on
FG> Windows

If we're going to do it, let's do it as "right" as we can.

FG> (or http://www.ruby-lang.org/download-1.8.1.rbx for ruby source / unix
FG> if you are brave / bright)

Uhhh. No time! <grin>

I'll try and pull down the PHP version tonight and at least get it
installed and shoot you the FTP account info I'll create for you.

--
Leif Gregory (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Tagline of the day:
Sometimes the majority just means all the fools are on the same side.

Using The Bat! 2.13 "Lucky" Beta/6 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 4 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB