Hi Chris,

on Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:45:50 -0400GMT, you wrote:

C> How does The Bat! determine if two messages are duplicates of each
C> other? Do it use the message ID? Does it use a hash?

I'd like to learn that too.

It can't be the MID alone. It must be the MID plus some headers or a
hash. I saw this most recently when I downloaded a part of TBUDL and
TBBeta messages from GMane, that I missed due to an overflow of my pop
account. Of course, I had some overlapping messages whose MIDs were
the same, but they were not recognized as dupes. I had to sort them
out manually.

--
Cheers
Peter

The Bat! v3.0.0.7, on Win2K, 5, 0, build 2195, SP4,
AMD Athlon 2200+ at 1800MHz, 512 MB RAM

Winamp currently playing: Van der Graaf Generator - Pioneer Over C