Hello Chris,

> What  I mean is: I created a special view to manage these news groups.
> The  "View  Mode  Setup" screen has a checkbox "Expand all threads". I
> have checked it, but it doesn't do anything.
>
> I would like to have all threads expanded, because that way I can find
> posts faster then when I have to expand many threads first.

OK, now I understand. I had never used the "Expand all threads" option
but I have tested it just now and it works fine here. Note though that
I am using a 3.0 post release beta version.

> The  other settings I used (in case they may be of influence): "Thread
> by:  References"  and  "New Thread sorting" is also checked. The "Sort
> by" has "Message ID" selected.

I had never used the "New Thread sorting" option and I always sort by
Creation or Received date. But I have tested using both options and,
although I personally find sorting by Message ID a bit "awkward",
everything works fine here.

As mentioned above, I'm using a beta version. So maybe there was (is)
some bug in 3.0 that has been already corrected.

--
Best regards,

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.0.19