Hello Quin Selman,

On Friday, October 01, 1999, 2:31:54 PM you told us:

QS> What  is that MS-TNEF Base 64 extension that appears in The Bat!'s
QS> attachment  window  on  some Microsoft mail messages? What does it
QS> open  in?  I  see  >  Content-Type:  multipart/mixed.  I've  never
QS> understood what that means exactly.

This  happened  if MS Mail Family sending message in MS RTF (Rich Text
Format).  In  old  version  of MS Mail (aka Inbox, MS Exchange Client)
this  is  default  format; unfortunetely if he receive message in MIME
base, Inbox will automatically replied in RTF format (aka MS-TNEF).
In  OE  or  OL, we can set the default to MIME format or plain-text as
The Bat! using.

We're  lucky,  only  receive  as  attachment  if they sent us RTF mail
format;  in some other mailers such Eudora, Lotus Notes etc, they will
receive as garbage character.

--
- syafril -

Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Voice   : (62) (21) 385-1600
URL     : www.dutaint.co.id      | FAX     : (62) (21) 351-9241

I am using The Bat! 1.36 Beta/4 <registered> at
Windows NT Workstation 4.0 built 1381, Service Pack 5
Created : Friday, October 01, 1999, 17:33:32 (GMT + 07:00)