On 13 October 1999 at 00:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] told the list:

t> I  have  a  friend  who  has  a  company  called Simple Computers. So
t> whenever  he sends me an email from Simple Computers my answer is to:
t> Simple He doesnt like that...

I  would  suggest  that  the  best  solution is to create a custom reply
template  against  his  address book entry so any replies to his address
use the %FROMNAME macros instead of %FROMFNAME.

t> I have noticed other silly things if the name of the person sending
t> the mail has one or more blanks.

t> filtering doesnt work

In such cases, I filter on the address rather than the name.

t> answering doesnt take the whole string

(See above)

t> the different colour between received/send to doesnt always work so I
t> have to manually add > in front....

 It  is only the '>' that makes the difference from TB's viewpoint. Also
 note that this paragraph has a one space indent to 'workaround' another
 TB feature .. that the whole paragraph in base position looks like:

It is only the '>'  that  makes the difference from TB's viewpoint. Also
It is only the '>note  that  this  paragraph  has  a one space indent to
It is only the '>'workaround'  another  TB  feature  ..  that  the whole
It is only the '>paragraph in base position looks like:

t> Is this a bug or a feature or something just overlooked...

Perhaps I have explained it ... a bit :-/

Cheers,
Marck
--
Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists