Hallo Syafril,

On Friday, October 15, 1999, 4:49:25 PM, Syafril Hermansyah wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the help on how to use Outlook.. actually I use a programme
called "The Bat!" ;-)

SH>>> What's character set you prefer ?

TF>> A  changeable  one.  Actually,  TB  ignores  the  XLAT  tables and
TF>> "encoding" option when it comes to double-byte langauges.

SH> XLAT  tables  could  be  the  other  alternative  for  composing Asian
SH> Character Set.

The thing is, I have no problem with the Chinese characters. The
problem is that regardless of which table I activate in TB!, high
ASCII values will always be interpreted as chin.char. So I cannot
compose (or even read) European characters. Even if I right-click in a
message with umlaute, choose Translation/Central European, a chin.char
will be displayed.

SH>>> Thomas,
SH>>> How about you after using 1.36Beta/12 ?

TF>> Now using the released version; no change.

SH> How if you change "the language" to chinese before composing ?

It is *always* Chinese, and I'd like to toggle it off. In the Editor
Window, Options/Message Encoding/Central European is overridden by the
C-Win default Big5 encoding.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM