Hello Marck,

Sunday, November 07, 1999, 2:32:43 PM, you wrote:

MDP> Filters  on "Recipient" pick up BCC addresses in outgoing mail. I just
MDP> tested  this and it worked perfectly. "Recipient" means any address in
MDP> To:, CC: and BCC:.

Perfect, that does it!  Thanks a bunch.

DH

Hello Ralf,

Sunday, November 07, 1999, 1:29:07 PM, you wrote in response to my
saying:

>> I just tried and the locations given for the string to filter do
>> *not* include bcc, even for the outgoing mail filters. If you know
>> of a way to do this, please advise.

RB> Easy, just filter "BCC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" in Kludges :-).

I tried both solutions using different accounts and both work
perfectly.  (And neither affect incoming mail, nor do the messages have
to be saved in order for the filter to take effect).

RB> However, as you now already copy the message to a folder locally
RB> when it is sent, you may want to get rid of the BCC to avoid
RB> having two copies of that message.

I agree with you in terms of disk space economy. However, the bcc's
from all accounts I use this on come back to my main account, and I
don't want to look for them in the sent box of each and every account.
However, this solution is redundant in that I now have the message in
three places: The sent box of each account, the "self bcc" box I made
for the filters, and the account itself. The advantage of the "self
bcc" is that I don't have to look for these messages among the rest of
what comes in, a good part of which doesn't get read.

Perhaps the best solution then would be a filter on the sender, so
that my own things from each account are together in the "self bcc"
folder, with no bcc at all.

RB> I'd suggest, then, that you use the %RETURNPATH macro for new
RB> messages that you want to have a copy of. Put in your own e-mail
RB> address here and filter "Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" in
RB> Kludges. Note, the "<" and ">" signs will be inserted by TB!.

RB> Ralf.

How would this work (what effect would it have)? Does this mean that
replies would come to that address? Would this be different that
filtering the sender? It would be more selective, since I would have
to enable it, or are there active rather than manual macros) but the
reason for the automated bcc is that I forget to do this sometimes and
I'd rather delete one I don't need than than go looking for one I do.

I think I am going to leave the bcc rule (one of them), since I do
want another copy (the one that comes back to the inbox), to put in
one of the various *issues* folders.

A question:  The "Agent" program referred to in other posts:   This is
a Newsreader?  For what OS's?

This is really an excellent group.

Douglas Hinds