Hi all,

On Tuesday, November 09, 1999, 8:22:08 PM (-5 GMT), Larry scribbled:

> Although  my  regular e-mail address is [EMAIL PROTECTED], I am able to
> have  several  pseudo  e-mail  addresses  that  *appear*  to  be a USA
> address,  but loop back and arrive at my server here in Brazil. One of
> them  that I use is, [EMAIL PROTECTED] In other words, when I send
> a  message  to,  [EMAIL PROTECTED], it ends up here in Brazil at my
> real  address,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  My  question  (or  problem)  is the
> following:  How  can I get the filter to put it into a certain folder.
> For  example,  I made a filter called - Tim. I then made a filter that
> goes  like  this  -  Move  message  to folder: Family/Tim, - Filtering
> Strings: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Location: Recipient, Presence: Yes.

> I  tried  this  with  another  e-mail  client and it worked.  In other
> words,  it ended up in the "Tim" folder.  With the Bat, I can't get it
> to  filter  to that folder.  I even tried the Location - "everywhere",
> but  it  still doesn't filter to the "Tim" folder.  Obviously, I'm not
> doing something right.

> Here  is  how the header looks.  Perhaps that will give you an idea of
> the route the message is taking.

<snip>
> Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thank you for your help.

My only suggestion would be to change the location from 'recipient' to
'Kludges' and that would surely work. That's a filter that will place
any message in the designated folder if it has [EMAIL PROTECTED]
appearing anywhere in the headers.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> Never use a preposition to end a sentence with. <<<
  Running The Bat! v1.37 Beta/1 in Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)