Monday, November 15, 1999

Hello Chuck,

Sunday, Sunday, November 14, 1999, you wrote:

Chuck> Okay, I know this has been covered in the past (so my apologies for
Chuck> asking about "old business"), but it's not been a concern for me
Chuck> until now ...

Chuck> As of Monday, I'll have a new PC, and I'll be using that for my
Chuck> e-mail ... I want to install The Bat! on the new PC and transfer all
Chuck> settings and existing mail over to the new PC before I scrap the old
Chuck> one.

Chuck> What is the most painless (yet complete) way for me to accomplish
Chuck> this without losing settings, and with the least hassle.  Ideally,
Chuck> when I'm done with the transfer, I'd like everything in place
Chuck> (settings, tree structure, mail, etc.) just as it is on the current
Chuck> system.

Chuck> Is this easily do-able and, if so, what steps do I need to take?
ZIP/RAR or if you have acess to person installing stuff, hang the old
drive on the new system and copy the bat to the new one.
A reinstall of the bat over the copied stuff may help but its not
really required except to tell windows you use the bAT.
This ease of portability is one of the reasons I use it.
REMEMBER: you setup becomes unregistered so you better dig up your
registration codes before doing all this.

Chuck> TIA,

Chuck> Chuck
Chuck> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Chuck> Chuck Mattsen           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chuck> http://www.mindspring.com/~mattsen
Chuck> http://www.handtech.com/tcweb/ChuckMattsen

Chuck> Random Thought/Quote for This Post:
Chuck>      A man is only as good as what he loves.

Chuck> Using The Bat! 1.37 Beta/1
Chuck> under Windows 95 4.0 Build 950

Best regards,

tracer