Hallo Christopher,

On Saturday, November 20, 1999, 7:38:16 PM (GMT+0800), Christopher J. Trybowski wrote:

CJT> On Thursday, November 18, 1999 Thomas Fernandez wrote:

>> I motion to change that. I don't need a cursor command if I have to
>> hit TAB three or four times, or use the mouse anyway. The cursor
>> should go were the %Cursor command says it should start.

>> Does anybody second the motion, so we can put it on the (mysterious, as
>> never seen or published) wish-list?

CJT> I  agree,  especially that in new 1.38 beta/1 macros are claimed to be
CJT> "fully-recursive".  In  this  case  I  think  that  constructions like
CJT> "%TO="%OFromName  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>%Cursor" should be allowed. In this

[...]

CJT> Why  do  I propose this? Well, I think that with this both sides, both
CJT> Steve  and  Thomas would get what they wanted.

>From my POV, you are right. :-)

CJT> The only weak point is, that I'm not sure how much extra
CJT> programming and extra code would it take (I guess not too much,
CJT> for we already have recursive macros in 1.38 beta/1).

How about this:

If there is a %TO= macro then
   if it contains %Cursor then
      place cursor there
      {continue by doing whatever is now being done in the header, and
      once the body has been reached:}
      if there is a free-standing %Cursor macro in the template
         place the cursor at that position in the body
      else
         place the cursor at the beginning of the body
      endif
   else {this means we have a %TO macro that does not contain %Cursor}
      if there is a %Cursor macro in the template then
         place cursor at that position in the body {skip the header}
      else
         place cursor at the beginning of the body {skip the header}
      endif
   endif
else {this means there is no %TO macro and the TO field is still empty}
   place the cursor in the TO field
endif

The cursor would end up in the header in two cases:
1.) It is instructed to do so by %Cursor command within the %TO macro.
2.) If there is no %TO macro. Regardless of whether there is a %CC=
macro, as the TO field has to be filled in, no way around that. This
should satisfy Steve.

If, OTOH, the TO field has already been filled in, the cursor would be
placed at where the %Cursor macro says. This is what I suggested.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38 Beta/2
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM