On Monday, November 22, 1999 Ali Martin wrote:

>>   Delete the message from the Server:  checked

> Either you are deleting the message from the server or you're
> downloading the message, sending it to the trash and deleting it. I
> wouldn't try to do both and that's probably where the problem lies.
> Undo one of them and see what happens.

I'm not sure, but I think it isn't the way you write, Ali. As far as I
remember,  one of TB's authors once said that "delete the message from
the  server"  makes  sense  only  if the default for the account is to
leave messages on server while downloading mail. If your configuration
is  that TB always deletes mail from server, then the option mentioned
above  doesn't  change  anything.  This  option isn't the same as kill
filters.

After  the  mail  is  downloaded you may want to send it to trash. But
this  is  the same as "delete message" option. In your filter you seem
to  have  this action doubled. But it shouldn't interfere with getting
the correct result.

The  "kill  filters" are different -- with this the message is deleted
from  server BEFORE downloading. So it'll just vanish and you'll never
know what that message was about.

>> Options tab:
>>   Continue processing with other filters:  checked

> You don't need to have this option checked either.

But  this  shouldn't  have anything in common with the problem we have
here... Besides it depends on general configuration of your filters if
you need or don't need to have it checked.

>>   Send generated messages:  Queue in Outbox

> Of course, look very carefully for any possible typo's.

Yeah,  that  could  be  the  reason.  Also you may want to change your
signal  string (use email address instead of a name). Except this, the
filter you describe, looks OK.

Christopher J. Trybowski
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- uin: 4350719 ---
---- http://www.trybik.i.krakow.pl --- pgp-keys: 0xB92EEE69 0x9382700B ----
========( get-pgp-key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=send_key )========

Using The Bat! 1.38 Beta/3 [reg] under Windows 98 4.10 build 1998.