Hello tracer & all fellow TBUDL members,

Saturday, November 27, 1999, 6:40:43 PM, tracer wrote in response to my saying:

Douglas>> I infer from this that by turning off the ticker to the main
Douglas>> accounts inbox, no ticker will be available for any of that
Douglas>> account's subdirectories. Are you sure this is true? Or am I
Douglas>> inferring something you did not mean to imply?

t> I never use the ticker as it takes up my desk space and is in the
t> way. It would be useful if I was parmanently on the internet to be
t> alarmed what just came in.

True, but that doesn't address the question of whether turning off the
ticker to the main accounts inbox means that no ticker will be
available for any of that account's subdirectories.

However, it may imply that since this not an area you are operating
in, you're not in a good position to provide the answer to that one,
so I probably shouldn't insist but rather try it myself.

But I can't, without going through the properties of all folders and
making sure that just the trial account's inbox is ticker deactivated
and a ticker activated sub-folder has an unread message or two, and I
can't do that now, there's too many. So for the time being, I will
assume that since each folder gives the ticker option, the ticker will
show unread messages in any folder programmed to use it, whether the
parent folder's ticker is activated or not.

t> ALL my mail boxes are first level mail boxes and I filter any list
t> stuff to their own box.

OK

t> You can see after mail is in which boxes have new mail and in general
t> what I have left in my inbox is what doesnt get hit by my filters and
t> some left over spam.

I'm getting more than I can look at and what you describe is part of
what I need and have begun to do.

t> Anyway, having mail split up properly, even if you may want to dump
t> it makes life a lot easier as I get maybe 200-300 emails per day.

Right.

Douglas>> I'd like to see the ability to set the ticker for given time
Douglas>> frame, or to select a "today's mail only" or "last X day's
Douglas>> mail only" option.

t> ... I do not use it as I am quicker looking at my boxes then
t> reading that ticker running around and telling me I have 200 boxes.
t> Its a lot quicker to have mail in clear identifiably split
t> mailboxes , see which ones are changed and as mentioned above, all
t> of mine are first level so if I look at an account I see directly
t> what has new mail.

t> I might use the ticker if it had less garbage to show me, as its
t> now its useless to me.

It needs a Ticker Manager that let's you check & set the ticker
setting for each folder without having to go to the properties
settings of each, and greater selectivity, or filtering. As is, it
either shows or it doesn't show unread messages in a folder that
selected for it and that's all.

Best regards,
 Douglas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]