Hello users,

Ok, I finally got off of my butt and got a long way with the FAQ. It
is by no means finished, but I wanted you all to take a look at it and
give me your feedback OFF-LIST!

Does the navigation of it make sense?

Are any of the entries incorrect or outdated? Many of the items in the
FAQ were not actually experienced by me, so there may be something in
there that has been fixed. Let me know if you find one.

I tried very hard to give credit where credit was due. You'll find
people's names above each "fix" in the FAQ. Sometimes it wasn't
possible to find who the original contributor was, so I took the best
educated guess. I also tried to keep as much as possible, the actual
message intact, but some of them required formatting, punctuation,
grammar, spelling, and contextual additions. If you disagree with how
I listed your contribution, please let me know.

I tried to use contributions based on who posted it first, but there
were a few that I used later postings because they were more complete
or easier to understand.

If you don't have a problem with it, I would like to make your name in
the FAQ a link to your e-mail address. However, I will need your
permission to do this. There was one exception in which I already put
in the e-mail address, because his contribution included directions
for him sending a Perl script. If this is not acceptable, please let
me know and I'll remove it.

I am sure there are a good number of other things that need to go into
this FAQ. If you have a contribution, please send it to me. However,
try to remember that FAQ stands for *frequently* asked questions. This
FAQ would become quite unmanageable if we put *everything* in it.

There will eventually be a CGI form for people to send entries to me.

Also, don't link to this FAQ quite yet as I am waiting for the DNS
entries to pick up my domain name.

Right now you can see it at:
http://216.149.14.37/thebat/faq.shtml

Once I get the DNS entries resolved, it will become:
http://www.pcwize.com/thebat/faq.shtml

Well, that should do it. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

BTW, I have tried repeatedly to contact Alexander Leschinsky to get a
copy of the latest Wish list to post to the FAQ also. However, I
haven't heard anything from him. If someone knows where he is, or has
a pretty recent edition of the wish list, please send it to me. If
Alexander is not going to continue with the wish list, would anyone
out there be willing to become the sacred keeper of said wish list?

I also need a copy of the latest keyboard shortcuts list out there.
Whoever is the keeper of that one, please send it to me so I can put
it in the FAQ.

Ok, ok, I'm done.

Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBT List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.38 Beta/4 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium 266 with 64MB.