Monday, December 06, 1999

Hello Douglas,

Monday, Monday, December 06, 1999, you wrote:

(snipped)
Douglas> This goes beyond the folder level filtering used by Pegasus that Alex
Douglas> described. Being able to color code messages (or flags) via a filter
Douglas> (a la Pegasus) and/or manually (as in the flags of many others) is
Douglas> another a useful option I for one would like to see implemented soon
Douglas> in TB, along with the ability to edit received messages (which
Douglas> sometimes arrive with absent or misleading subjects, for instance).

ie you mean you are willing to tag  msgs manually if being of
potential interest and after having gone through  those in the inbox,
then do a manual filter to move the tagged one elsewhere????

Douglas> As for Pegasus, I know people that do use it heavily but my own
Douglas> experience has not been positive, due to it's erratic behavior on my
Douglas> old IBM Value Point and it's "less than intuitive" (as Alex described
Douglas> it) user interface. For that reason, it's not even installed at the
Douglas> moment.
I was forced to use it as a friend in penang uses that and thats where
my urgent mail was send to.
What a headache to see for instance attachments....

Douglas> While TB drives me up a tree momentarily now and then due to
Douglas> inadvertent keystrokes activating unwanted functions, I am very much
Douglas> at home with it's advanced composition features, good stability and
Douglas> ability to download and send from multiple accounts simultaneously.
Agreed, like trying to delete msgs in my inbox while I use a delete
key while editing a new msgs.. I have to constantly check my bin to
see if anything deleted unintended.

Douglas> In the best of all *possible* worlds, an improved TB is certainly good
Douglas> enough for me, and that goes for the support received from RITLabs and
Douglas> of course TBUDL itself. (I say improved because some of this was
Douglas> discussed with RITLabs prior to registering). Although I've been told
Douglas> of other supposedly good email email clients, I continue to dedicate
Douglas> time to assimilating TB's current features and commands, which
Douglas> increases my appreciation of it and lessens my interest in the
Douglas> temptations posed by supposedly greener grass on another side of the
Douglas> fence.
There is a lot of different green taste, I like a program to be
actively under development as thats the only way you can be reasonably
sure that bugs get fixed quick and new capabilities added as soon as
they see the need/time for it.

Essentially I guess they let us bicker here (g) and pick up those
things they think are of use. Easier then getting hundreds of emails
per day with requests... and they can see the reactions from others on
suggestions.

Douglas> Douglas

Douglas> (Any of the above is available for further diffusion if desired).

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.38 Beta/6

mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]