On Friday, December 10, 1999, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> I don't know what they fixed between 1.38 and 1.38e, but 1.38e is the
> latest version I know of.

You're right. I tried this several times with the same result, but then
on further testing just now, I see that what is happening is that, for
some reason, cancelling the Quick Search is making TB slow to respond to
the next command. So, if I hit 'f' with the focus on a message, then hit
CTRL-ENTER to reply _and_ hold down the keys a bit long because I'm not
getting a response, TB is reading this as two CTRL-ENTER's. The first
opens the Reply window, the second puts it in the Outbox, but I am not
seeing the window, nor am I hitting the ENTER key twice.

I just generated 20 replies to your message by holding down CTRL and
repeatedly pressing ENTER, holding down the ENTER key for awhile. In
fact, if I simply hold down the keys, several replies are sometimes
generated at once. Something's goofy.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.38 (reg)