On Saturday, December 11, 1999, Paula Ford wrote:

> I've encountered something else I don't understand in my own setup.
> ALT-F2 should check all accounts for mail, but when I try either the key
> combo or menu item, it checks only one of my accounts and it doesn't
> matter if that account is the active account or not. I only have 2
> accounts, so I don't know if the behavior would differ would more
> accounts. I never use the Check All option, so I don't know if this is
> something new or not, or I don't understand what Check All should do.

Let me amend this: When there is mail in an account, ALT-F2 is
retrieving it, but if not, it does not _appear_ to be checking both
accounts from the status messages that pop up or the log.

Fooling around with ALT-F2, though, I found that when I wasn't online,
TB queued the two tasks to check each account for new mail in the
Dial-Up Monitor, connected to the first account and checked, but then
didn't connect to the second account and left the task in the queue.
Maybe this is old news to people. As I said, I never use the Check All
feature.

None of which explains why Patrick is having SHIFT-F2 get mail. :)

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.38e (reg)