Saturday, December 25, 1999, 3:17:58 PM, Frank wrote:
> So RFC 822 makes no restrictions on the lengths of text lines in the *body*
> of an E-mail message. RFC 822 *does* make restrictions on the length of
> lines in E-mail *headers*, but that is not the issue we're discussing.

    Gah, wrap your lines, just don't argue about it.  Geez.  I can't believe
you're trying to defend Eudora, breaker of RFCs extraordinaire.

> RFC 822 makes no restrictions like you describe above. Lines of a *message
> body* can be arbitrarily long according to RFC 822. Can you point me to such
> restrictions in RFC 822?

> Over to you ...

    Fine, RFC821, Page 43, section 4.5.3.

            text line

               The maximum total length of a text line including the
               <CRLF> is 1000 characters (but not counting the leading
               dot duplicated for transparency).

    Common convention is to wrap your lines, just do it.  Jeez.