I'm just a TB! newbie (yet a definite internet and email veteran) and
I agree with Alex with all of this.

Steve, although you offer "workable" solutions, there are easier ways
to deal with the The Bat!s shorcomings besides "what's between the
chair and the keyboard", as you put it.

You may not care to deal with mail from multiple accounts as one, but
some of us do. I don't want to redirect messages all over the place,
bouncing them through my ISP or anywhere else for that matter. For
example, I have an old account, one that I rarely use, but is still
active. I keep it active just in case something comes along that's
worthwhile, maybe an old correspondence, maybe an old friend who
tracked me down through an outdated internet search engine.
Regardless of how the people got the address, I want to filter it the
same way as my other mail.

We can't always control where everyone sends email, we don't email
EVERYONE everyday where we can remind them into submission. The only
other way to do that would be to have a single email account and give
the user no choice. That's neither possible nor practical in most
situations.

Steve, I think you need to accept that your way may not be the
*right* way, it's just your way. There are a lot of us out there that
operate our accounts differently than you do. We just happen to use
the same email product. Therefore, we can have our wishlist, and you
can do things your way. If you are perfectly happy with the way it
works, stick with 1.38e as long as you like. You don't have to
upgrade. Hopefully, when 2.x comes out, it will have OPTIONS, and
hopefully you can continue to operate the way you do even if you do
upgrade. For the rest of us, that want to do things differently, we
have a right to ask for features, and should expect them to be
implemented, as paying customers, if they are supported by enough
people.

Frequently, your responses to someone's wish list have been: "Bad
Idea" or "Wrong" type answers. Instead of a simple: "IMHO, this would
not be effective because..." You need to accept other peoples TB!
usage. They aren't wrong, they aren't bad ideas. They may be based on
misinformation, or not completely thought through, but if you keep
bashing all the new ideas, and stifle innovation by telling people
that the problem is the user, and the software doesn't need
improving, we'll end up with a Micro$oft product!

Best Regards,

Derek Cedillo