Hello Jason,

>> In an attempt to give an addition to the current mailinglist, we've
>> proceeded to set up a powerful Forum exclusive to TheBat!

JT> However, isn't its purpose the same as tbbeta and tbudl? If your forum
JT> rose in popularity, it would mean that we have to look in two places to
JT> keep current with TB discussions: Our email and a web forum. And that
JT> means we can't exclusively use our favorite email client. :)

Well, that was one of our major conserns when establishing a web-based
forum. I myself like tbudl and tbbeta very much, but I have also felt
the need for a web-based forum.

We do not want to compete with the fabolous mailinglists, but to
create an alternative discussion forum for those who don't like
mailinglists.

TBUDL (in special) has become a high-traffic mailinglist, which is
excellent for many of us, but I know of quite a few people who don't
want to use their mailbox for these kinds of discussion, but rather
visit a website to easy look up those topics that interest _them_.

We didn't make it to compete with the mailinglists. We are not making
any money on it, we set this up only because we are big fans of
TheBat! and wanted to contribute in making the spreading of knowledge
easier for many people.

Erik Ommundsen