Hello Moosebreath,
On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 11:12:57 -0800 GMT your local time,
which was Sunday, January 09, 2000, 2:12:57 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Moosebreath wrote:

Moosebreath> Hello BAT,

Moosebreath> It may be long winded here, but here it is.......

Moosebreath> A little history. I was a Eudora user for a number of years, it
Moosebreath> was almost the only game in town for quite a while. With the 4.2
Moosebreath> update and up, they seem to be adding 2 bugs for every feature.
Moosebreath> Pure "Bugs Life". Major things like crashes, hang ups and
Moosebreath> intermittent stuff.
I had that since 4.0...
memory leaks especially if you had a lot of mail and it got so bad my
windows frooze within a few minutes of opening Eudora.
I have a lot of memory/hard disk space but when openend system leaked
with 1 mb/sec and there is nothing which can cope with that (g)

Moosebreath> In looking around for a reliable replacement, I started using
Moosebreath> Outlook 2000, it's already there, it is pretty but filters
Moosebreath> just don't do the job and it's just too much of everything.
Coorect besides being a Virus heaven...

>>From there I go to Pegasus, a real screamer of a program.
Moosebreath> I had so many mailboxes in Eudora and Pegasus doesn't have
Moosebreath> an import feature and even an external program that was
Moosebreath> really an answer. I had to give up on that early.

Moosebreath> I started using Calypso. I would call it a competent program
Moosebreath> even though it's po-poed on the list group.  To my amazement,
Moosebreath> I find out it doesn't support MAPI and I have to use it for
Moosebreath> some applications. Then I see that the filtering is weak and
Moosebreath> I use filtering extensively. It does have a pretty clean interface.
wait till you need their support (g)

Moosebreath> Then The Bat! At a glance the interface looks like a simple
Moosebreath> program. I install it and now I consider it home although for
Moosebreath> the new user, it's really confusing on some points.

Moosebreath> Now, I'm looking for some features and maybe they already in
Moosebreath> the bat but can't seem to find them.

Moosebreath> I used to be able to edit a message and save it where it sits,
Moosebreath> doesn't look like a way to do that.
It sits in outbox as saved waiting for you to finish it.
I myself would like a proper box for that but anyway, it works well.

Moosebreath> I'd like to be able to set up multiple accounts (I have 4), and
Moosebreath> use 1 set of mailbox folders with the option of using specific
Moosebreath> ones inside the other accounts.
Nothing prevents you to generate multiple accounts from the same
internet server/account but with filters separate incoming mail and
send via different servers out, with different masks to replay with.
Just donot download the same server with both accounts wanting same
mail..

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.38e