Hello Steve,

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 at 22:26:18 [GMT -0800], you wrote:
SL> As opposed to randomly choosing between the multiple minimized
SL> windows at the bottom of the MDI application (which can be
SL> hidden)? It is identical except that the multiple minimized
SL> windows show less text that the task bar when the person using the
SL> task bar keeps it clean.

Who said anything about minimizing? Either way, I don't have twelve or
so buttons on my taskbar that have no business being there in the
first place. The taskbar IMO is for easily moving between applications
(especially when they are maximized), I don't need twelve IE buttons
hogging up the space.

Try this test.

Open Opera, cascade twelve pages.
Open five other applications and maximize them
Now open twelve instances of IE and tile those.

Which browser is easier to use?

If my Opera cascaded windows get out of whack, SHIFT-F5 fixes them.
Try that with twelve IEs and five other apps.

At any rate this has gotten OT. I'd be glad to continue this privately
or on www.takeitoffline.com if you'd still like it public.

Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

PGP Key ID:
  0x8604279A (DH/DSS)
Fingerprint:
  9E16 4316 FA42 5DC6 EB1D  D0ED D37A 858A 8604 279A

Using The Bat! 1.39 Beta/1 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
To keep milk from turning sour, keep it in the cow.