Thursday, January 13, 2000, 12:03:54 PM, Alexander wrote:
> ... but right now the only e-mail client that it the way you (and me;-))
> consider optimal is Pegasus AFAIK;-)

    PMMail, Pine, Mutt

> OTOH, I do not think this extra "which address would you use?" dialogue is a
> elegant deceision at all (you might believe me here, since I'm using it right
> now;-), that is, have some experience with it). There should be some other
> way of achieving the same result, not involving a pop up dialogue, but this
> needs to be thought over actually;-)

    I find it quite an elegant solution in each implementation that I have run
across which is to say the three listed above.  Once you know it is coming, it
is just another enter to confirm the intent, really.  OTOH, when one wants to
to the TO field.  The alternative is what the no REPLY-TO advocates harp.
Configure the client to know what addresses are list addresses so you can just
hit "group" reply and it will send to only the list.  Again, this requires
configuration from user and still doesn't prevent it for lists still set
REPLY-TO.

    The optimal solution would be for the list to include another header for
list replies and then to get the email clients to use that header.  However,
until that time comes having the computer not assume your intent upon a reply
and, instead, ask, to me is the best.