Hi there!

On 25 Jan 00, at 16:47, tracer wrote
    about "thai/chinese etc fonts/kb's":

> We had a while ago a discussion about it and just having installed the
> win2000 I didnt see any sign of it in the control panel and that while
> early betas HAD Thai and I used it... oops, installed it I mean(g)
> Anyway, after awhile I found where ms has hidden the place to set it,
> and the USA version will allow chinese/japanese/korean and Japanese
> (and loads of others to be installed), they are on the cd..
> However to set the keyboard you first have to ADD the keyboard...

It's all there even in plain '95 OSR2;-) Start-->Control Panel-->Keyboard-->
-->Language-->Add... But this means, you'll need to "switch" keyboard each
time;-(. Say, with Ctrl-Shift keycombo, or Alt-Shift one (these are predefined
by MS for this thing). Just try it;-) Besides, this means a loosy workaround for
the problem of the shortcuts not working on non-US keyboards: one just
needs to install "US" keyboard and switch to it before using the shortcuts. An
utility RusLat (www.ruslat.wm.ru) helps to make it a bit less awkward, but
nontheless;-(

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---