Januk Aggarwal wrote...

>The Bat downloads the messages first, then it applies the appropriate
>filter sets, so what you request can't be done exactly the way you
>describe.  But there is a work around that might do what you need.

I already have separate folders for messages from the developer and
others, but when I'm busy I don't want those others even to be
downloaded. I guess since The Bat! doesn't do any automatic
server-side filtering, there's no hope of getting this one.

On the other hand, The Bat! has some options not in Datula, such as
automatically marking a message as read. It would be nice to combine
the best feature of both programs -- Batula!

Batula! would have The Bat!'s editor, MailTicker(TM) and sorting
rules interface, Datula's Japanese-language handling and server-side
filtering and configurable key assignment and one-key navigation
across folders, etc. Great idea, no?

--
John De Hoog
http://dehoog.org