Hello John De Hoog,
On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:40:45 +0900 GMT your local time,
which was Tuesday, February 08, 2000, 6:40:45 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
John De Hoog wrote:

> Hi, all,

> Homesick Mac wrote...

HM>> I'm  wondering  why  one  of  my  filters for incoming mail isn't working
HM>> properly.
HM>> I've  set it  up  by right clicking on received message/Specials/Create
HM>> Filter.. and it wouldn't work.
HM>> What I mean is that  messages  end up in the Inbox folder although I
HM>> have setup the filter for the sender.
HM>> Please  look  at the ( 46KB ) screenshot of my "Sorting Office" ( showing the
filter
HM>> that isn't sending emails from that sender to the assigned Folder...) at:
HM>> http://www.homesickmac.com/bilder/FilteringMail.jpg

HM>> All my other filters are working fine.
HM>> My The Bat is 1.39 ( reg )

>    This is a bug. If the name has a " " around it, the filter will not
>    work. Edit it to remove the " " or just leave the address without
>    the name.

I once complaind about this one but essentially if the name before the
email address has a space in it the Bat will only compare on the name
with the part before the blank.
In all those cases the easy way is to remove the part between quotes
and just use the email address.

Best regards,

tracer
--

Using theBAT 1.41 / Beta1 with Windows 98
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]