Hello, Jast,

On Wednesday, February 09, 2000, you wrote:

J> Of course doing it manually like Steve suggested isn't a bad way to do it.
J>  But if you're happy with one large folder for old messages you can
J>  automate it fully

    Here's how I handle the archiving, while keeping The Bat! running
    lean and mean.

    1. Configure the folder options to leave messages in the base for
    only 8 days. This can be done for the Send folder as well. Let it
    purge messages automatically after that period.

    2. Use an automated backup program to save the mail database,
    preferably to a different volume than the one The Bat! is on, as
    generational archives.

    (So far no dial-up problems today; knock on wood.)

--
Yours,
  John De Hoog, Tokyo