Hi there!

On 10 Feb 00, at 10:54, Charles Armstrong wrote
    about "Unable to enter cyrillic characters":

Hey, you _really_ speak Cyrillic-based languages? Maybe even Russian?;-)

Well, answering your question... Goto Account-->Properties-->Templates
-->New Message-->Use Character Set: and set it to KOI8-R.

Now create a new message. You should see "Cyrillic (KOI8-R)" in the status
line of the message editor now (lower right corner of the editor). Here you can
change the encoding, if you so wish: just rightclick this area of the statusline.

Now all you need is to enter the text of your message (NO extra software
needed, just the font should support Cyrillic). Ensure that you have set up
some font that has Cyrillic script in it in Options-->Editor Preferences-->
Display-->Font. For example, Courier New should fit your needs. If you
haven't right font installed, try d/loading it from, for example, ftp.relcom.ru.
What you need is a monospaced TT font in CP1251 encoding (Windows-
encoded, as it's usually referred to).

Now you need to enter your text. To do so, you'll probably need to install
Cyrillic keyboard in Start-->Control Panel-->Keyboard-->Languages applet.
Then, having switched the keyboard layout (consult online help in the
Windows applet noted above on how to do so) to Russian (or whatever), start
typing. You should see the Cyrillic characters correctly now.

Test how it works: try sending a bit of Cyrillic here, I'll tell you how it works;-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---