A Chara Homesick,

Sunday, February 27, 2000, 11:44:50 PM, you wrote

HM> Homesick Mac

HM> My system:
HM> Celeron 433 , 64 MB RAM, S Trio graphics, 10 GB HD
HM> Windows 98 second edition or Litestep
HM> In the background I've got:
HM> PC-Cillin 6.07, Ram Page, no more Zip Magic

My advice if you wish to follow it:

I'm running The Bat! 1.41 Beta 3 on W98SE without the problems you
describe! I just created 15 emails without noticeable memory
degradation. I run TB! minimized to the Tray, checking my mail
accounts, and write much mail throughout the day also: all without any
problems.

So, try closing all background apps (especially PC-Cillin) and kill
unnecessary running processes and then use System Monitor to see
what's going on on your system with TB! running. Then go get TB! 1.41
Beta 3 and try that.

You probably don't want to hear this, but I would scrap the memory
manager and just buy some more RAM! I used FreeMem Pro (which sounds
like the same kind of app as your Ram Page) for ages but only
found it useful temporarily, right after it had freed up 64MB of my
128MB of RAM. It seemed to cause more problems than the ones it solved
- which is my overall experience of these so called 'memory cleaners'

Although Windows memory management leaves a lot to be desired, as any
Windows user will verify, when fed the food it craves, physical
memory, it manages fairly OK.

Slan,

 Simon                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux à
douzaines!

(Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

MONTAIGNE 1533-1592