hallo Paula!

on Friday, March 03, 2000, 7:28:09 AM, you wrote:

PF> On Thursday, March 02, 2000, Patrick Erler wrote:

>> you MUST try Zoot for storing mail! its somehow cool.. just try it!

>>     http://www.zootsoftware.com/z4intro.htm

>> file|import|mail

PF> I looked at the web site, but I don't see an explanation of how it can
PF> be used to store mail from anything but Outlook. Could you explain?
it simply sucks (or zoots as they say) anything in, via clipboard,
outlook synchronization or import (and zoot even knows which website i
vistited, no matter if with opera or explorer... cool). as import
options you have newsgroup and email. it looks like it is quite
format-independent. it just extracts the infomration it needs...

the lack of a help-file is quite problem, but you can download an
archive which puts their knowledge-base and their mailing-list into
zoot. what is simple impresive is that almost every queston people ask
is answered with "yes, do it like this.." and almost never with "we
plan this for the next release".

another megaplus is that almost every function has a hotkey.

since yesterday i simple suck all information i find into zoot and
later, when i like, i organize them into projects and folders or find
them with their superfast searchengine. its a dream...

PAT
--

vcard/LDAP/PGP public key: http://dresden-online.com/~perler/identity.html
PGP fingerprint: DAC6 2FDA 1ED7 AD55  BD1F 5142 3D5F 72BF