Tom, dia duit!

On 20/03/2000 you may or may not have meant to post the following to TBUDL:

S>> Alias means, "otherwise called or known as", but not "also". Alias is from
S>> the Latin root *alius* which means *other*! The Old English words *aell* &
S>> *swã* create *aellswã*, or rather all+so; *also* is rather from the Old
S>> Frisian word *alsa*, meaning *thus*.

> Thomas is correct I believe.  An alias is an"other" name for the same
> thing.  It is not the primary name of the thing.  Hence the
> definition, "other."  Pretty much anything @fancy.org aliases to one
> primary email box, although I have one other POP3 account set up, an
> alias to that account, and another alias to another domain.

Heh! That was my definition, not Thomas's! Look at the quotes: S> for Simon ;)

RFC822 is very clear as to what it is. Anyone in any doubt should have a good
read: http://freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/822/24.htm

Slán anois,

  Simon

  Slán go fóill.

 Sín Breathnach                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux à
douzaines!

(Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

MONTAIGNE 1533-1592

This e-mail has been classified as being Private and Confidential.
Yes, that's right, PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL. So what does this mean
to you, the recipient? Well recipient, private usually means, and in
this instance does mean, '..confined to particular persons or groups
and concerning things deeply personal'. And confidential means, in
this instance, '..the level of official classification for documents
next above restricted and below secret and available only to persons
authorised to see documents so classified'. Understand? Therefore, if
you are not the intended recipient, that is, the addressee, you are
not authorised to read or store this e-mail.

Further, whether you are the intended recipient or not, you do not
have permission to misuse, deliberately misconstrue, or rewrite the
information contained within this email. Neither may you publish or
disseminate the information contained within this electronic
communication without first gaining non-electronically signed
authorisation from the original author.

If you believe that you've received this e-mail in error, then you
should forward it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] simply
adding 'not mine' in the subject line. You will then probably
want to delete the email from your mailbox (unless you're a bit weird
and just can't imagine deleting e-mail no matter who it's from!)

Thankyou.