Hello Mark,

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 at 10:55:19 [GMT +0100], you wrote:
MRH> My question is therefore, is there anyway to setup TB! (using
MRH> this server mode) that would allow me to use TB! as a client away
MRH> from the office and access my message bases held on my office
MRH> machine?

I believe you are referencing the how-to on setting up TB as a
*mailing list* server. This is quite a bit different than having a
mail server.

There are a few ways in which you could sort-of do what you are
asking.

1. By far the easiest, is to use an IMAP compliant mail server for
   your messages. While TB v1.x doesn't quite support IMAP fully, I
   have found it sufficient for my needs. Unfortunately, this would be
   a problem because you said that you have multiple accounts set up
   to collect your mail from different places to put into the main
   account.

2. Enable the "keep messages on server" in the account properties at
   both home and work. This will let you get your mail at work and at
   home. What you will want to do then is to set up an incoming filter
   on the home machine with an action of "delete message from server"
   option enabled. You will have to fiddle around with the filter
   string, but it shouldn't be too hard. This option also does not
   help with the multiple account set-up you have.

3. Set up a filter to forward or redirect all incoming mail on your
   work machine to send to your home e-mail address. This one does
   address your multi-account set-up, but you will have to most likely
   include the forwarding/redirect filter in each account. I haven't
   tested it, but if TB considers moved messages to one account from
   another account as an incoming message, then you might be able to
   get away with just having the forward/redirect filter in the main
   account. I doubt it though.

4. Set up a filter that exports each incoming message to a designated
   folder, and then ftp those exported messages from home and import
   them into TB. You'll have to set up this filter for each account
   you have.

With exception to option 1, these aren't the greatest ideas. However,
this is what option 1 was designed for; to be able to access your
mailbox(s) with all its messages from multiple computers.

Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.42 Beta/16 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
Guillotining him would make only an aesthetic difference.