On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:07:49 -0500, Gary wrote:

> Actually, Allie, it starts the whole suite, as you know, so with one
> click, you can access any other part of the suite immediately.

     ....  Including the browser though I already have a huge one already
using (IE/Netcaptor), e-mail, even though I have that also (TB! of course)
etc. Even though all I wish to do is wordprocessing, the whole jebanks is
loaded. The Win32 version uses 15+MB of RAM and no documents are yet
loaded! It's so monolithic. It's the antithesis of what the linux
community among others cherish and that's modularity and being able to
load only what you wish to at a given time.

>   Star utilizes a lot of Java now.

> I also have Applix, but have not installed it, as it supposedly
> profiles 450 Mb on the disk, and is not free, although the version I
> have is good through the remainder of the year.

        I've heard good things about that. I can't give an opinion though
since I've never used it.

--
© 2000 Allie Martin
  Using TB! v1.42 Beta/17 on Win2k Pro