Hello David,

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 at 19:52:01 [GMT -0500], you wrote:
DS> First, a list of the various wish-list requests that have been
DS> made. It would be nice to have an idea of what sort of direction
DS> the client will be going in the future. Maybe post it on the beta
DS> page.

Check the wish-list page maintained by Konstantin:
http://www.konstantin-online.de/bat/

DS> An option so that, when editing a message, when you click in an
DS> area to the right of anything that's been entered already, the
DS> cursor is not simply placed in never-never land, but placed at the
DS> end of that particular line (also known as: disallow cursor
DS> placement beyond end of line).

I think at first, most people who aren't used to this type of editing
(If you've used Borland C++ IDE, then this is old hat), find it
disconcerting. However, once you get used to it, you'll see it has
much more flexibility than one which puts the cursor at the end of the
line. I love being able to click anywhere in a message and start
typing right at that spot.

However, if you just can't stand it, version 2 is supposed to either
have an option to choose whichever way you like, or supports an
external user defined editor.

Leif (my cursor, my choice) Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.42 Beta/18 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
A 10K brain attached to a 9600 baud mouth.