Hi Jason,

On 09 May 2000 at 09:19:54 GMT -0700 (which was 17:19 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "BAT7382.TMP":

>> PC-Cillin tells me that the file BAT7382.TMP is infected. Now I would
>> like to inform the sender (or rather, the owner of the computer that
>> sent me this file) that his box is infrected. How do I find out to
>> which email this attachment (I guess) belonged?

> First thing to come to mind: Search through your messages for those
> with attachments and received on the same day as the timestamp on
> that TMP file.

If the file is externally saved in the attachments folder then it will
appear  as  a  named  file  in  the artificial X-BAT-FILES header so a
message search for the named file in headers should find it.

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>