Greetings Marck!

On Tuesday, May 23, 2000 at 10:28:55 GMT +0100 (which was 2:28 AM
where you think I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

>> What, then, is going to be trunctated? :)

MDP> 'C' programs know nothing of EOL /n characters. Streams know something
MDP> of  them  ... if streams are being used at all. To parse a message and
MDP> to  stop  at  the  end  of every line is a feat of programming and not
MDP> default  behaviour of strings. The way this is usually achieved in 'C'
MDP> is  to  read the message into a buffer and then to scan the buffer for
MDP> /n  characters. If the buffer (aka "string") runs out (i.e. has a nul)
MDP> then  a  badly  written  program  would stop parsing right there. This
MDP> isn't a definitions issue. It's a bad programming issue.
Hey, do you got an example of this "sorting/ parsing" program in C
that I can look at?  -- I know it's OT.  I want to compare it to
another program that I have that does this.   I don't know C
very well yet, however I do know exactly what your talking about.

I got GCC 2.95.2

--
... A small Bat fixes Anything
--- The Bat! 1.42f + 98Lite + Revenge of Mozilla II