Hello Alto,

Monday, July 25, 2011, 5:37:47 PM, you wrote:

AS> Bad idea. You never know what tools like this do or do not remove,
AS> what may or may not belong to the program you're working on.

I suppose you haven't used Revo Uninstaller yet.

1) First it creates a system restore point before uninstalling a program
2) Then it uses the program's own uninstall (if any)
3) After that it offers the possibility to search the registry for any
leftovers,
   lists them and leaves the user the choice wether he wants to remove any of
these (all individually selectable)
4) Finally it can search for any left over files and folders.  Once again it is
up to the user to decide wether he wants
   to delete them or not (none are selected automatically, as is the case for
the registry items in point 3 and the user
   can skip steps 3 and 4) (x)

I  use  Revo  Uninstaller Pro for a couple of years now and it isn't longer
than yesterday that I was very happy to have
it. I bought an upgrade for OmniPage 18 (coming from 17). The installer kept
saying that an earlier version was still on
my  computer  and  had  to be removed before I could install version 18. It
seems to be a known problem since Nuance has
created a tool specifically to remove earlier versions. Well, Nuance's tool
wasn't able to do the job.

I  thought  it  had  to  do with PaperPort (which has a Omipage-dll of it's
own) and PDF Converter/Creator from the same
company  that are installed too. At last, I used "Search Everything" to find
any leftover files/folders with OmniPage in
their  name and removed those with Revo through the right mouse-click
context-menu. These appeared to be left-overs from
pre-OmniPage 15 versions  and  if I would simply have deleted those files,
there would still have been left-overs in the
Registry.

Oh well, everyone has to decide for him/herself wether or not to use Revo
Uninstaller (Pro), but this is not the kind of
tool that does things without leaving the user the choice (as many
"competitors" do).

(x) When removing TB! nothing isn't removed that TB! itself would not remove
during phase 1.
    But TB! did not remove everything from the either.

BTW: the trick you suggested (renaming (or removing) thebat.exe did not work
for me when trying to go back to 4.

--
Best Wishes,
Mark