Thanks to both Paul and Jack for their responses.  I tested it and it
worked perfectly.   I am sure there is a lot of functionality that
The Bat has that users like me are not aware of.

BTW, apologies to the list for having just sent a thank-you note that
did not follow list protocol because it reflected "top posting." That
message was not intended for the list. Unfortunately, because I belong
to a number of list servs, many of which send replies directly to the
sender rather than to the list, when I hit reply and saw the sender's
name come up in the "to" field, I failed to look further and note
that the actual address was to the list.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks

Using The Bat 4.0.18 on Win XP pro sp3