Hi

On Saturday 7 September 2013 at 10:55:53 AM, in
<mid:1917084846.20130907115...@boudicca.de>, Gunivortus Goos wrote:

> I didn't find out how to get GNP-pgp work in The Bat.
> TB does see the program, but not a Key Manager and I
> wasn't able to create keys.

When you say "GNP-pgp" do you mean GnuPG (also known as GPG)?

If yes, did you install just GnuPG itself, or did you also install
a certificate manager, such as Kleopatra or GPA? If you did install
one, you will need to point The Bat! to where it is, under Options |
OpenPGP | OpenPGP Preferences | Files | GnuPG external key manager.

That said, I never access my key manager through The Bat as it takes
more clicks than going through the Windows start menu (3 instead of
2). My key manager is GPGshell from <http://jumaros.de/rsoft/>. It is
freeware but not open source, and I don't know if it works with GnuPG
2.x versions.

Creating a new key in GnuPG is as easy as opening a command window,
typing (without the quotes) "gpg --gen-key" and following the prompts.
The defaults are sensible enough and it's probably best to stick to
them unless you know what you are changing and why.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

We're all shipwrecked on this idea that everything has to be explained.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3