Hi

On Wednesday 2 October 2013 at 7:47:39 AM, in
<mid:30667527.20131002121...@monsell.lk>, mons...@monsell.lk wrote:

> hello friends,

> is there a possibility to move quick templates from
> account templates to common templates and vice versa?

> observe there is no function to copy/paste or move

I'm surprised there is still no function to copy/paste or drag/drop. I
believe this feature was requested in 2008, not long after the
location for common QTs was introduced. Prior to that, the tidiest you
could get was to store them all in one account and mark them all as
"shared."

In a thread on this list from Dec 2008/Jan 2009, MAU suggested:-

> Make a copy of your ACCOUNT.QTB file in Mail directory (this is the
> Common QTs) somewhere for safety. Same for the QTB file in the account
> you mention. Then *move* account's QTB to your Mail directory and start
> TB and see if it worked. If not, restore QTB files where they were.

Ian A. White reported success with that method. I think he probably
previously had all his QTs under one account.

I had most of my QTs under the one account, so copied that ACCOUNT.QTB
to the Mail directory. I had a small number in other accounts, and
after spending a few minutes experimenting with copying from one QTB
file to another decided my time was better spent copying the content
of my few QTs remaining in other accounts into newly-created common
QTs. I found when I had them all as common QTs and deleted my old
ACCOUNT.QTB files in the individual accounts, they came back when
re-starting The Bat! and the individual account QTs reappeared.
Leaving empty text files called ACCOUNT.QTB in their place stopped
this,. The explanation Marek Mikus was that QTs had previously been
stored in files called ACCOUNT.QTN. Experimentation showed that
presence of ACCOUNT.QTN in the absence of ACCOUNT.QTB triggered The
Bat! to convert the QTs to the new file format and generate a new
ACCOUNT.QTB.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

Beware the deadly donkey falling slowly from the sky

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3