Hi

On Friday 15 November 2013 at 8:48:38 PM, in
<mid:851535111.20131115224...@dbnmail.co.za>, Roger Phillips wrote:

> It  is still being Beta tested and has bugs.  IMHO
> their issueing of version 6 is premature, to put it
> mildly.

I downloaded and tried 6.0.2 for about 30-40 minutes, then switched
back to 4.0.38 as the long-standing bugs have not been fixed:-

If I decrypt a message that had a URL as the first line before the
sender (OpenPGP-)encrypted it, TB! still fails in v6.0.2 to show that
URL in the decrypted message body. This was bug 5222 in 2005, closed
in 2006 without being fixed; bug 6073 in 2009, assigned to a coder
that December but nothing heard since; and bug 6465 in 2011, reported
as still present in v5.0.30 but no further updates.

The bug (6075, 6779, 7740) is still present where OpenPGP messages
created with some mail clients are not shown in TB! when you decrypt
them, instead you only get the option to save them to disk. This was
also reported as still present in v5.0.30 but no further updates.

I forgot to check on bug 2443, losing settings to sign and/or encrypt
on completion when you save a message as a draft. Anybody know if this
has been sorted yet?

I don't use IMAP, and rarely use HTML in email. So the changes there
are lost on me. I think the "quick reply" pane is a good idea, but I
usually read messages in the preview pane, below the message list and
with a full-height account tree: it competes with the preview pane for
screen space, making both too small to be useful.

Anybody know the current bugtrack URL? I know they had a catastrophic
crash in 2012 and when I re-registered there was no access to the
previously-listed issues. But at the moment <https://www.ritlabs.com/bt>
sends me to a 404 error page.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

Only dead fish go with the flow

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3