Tuesday, June 06, 2000, 11:10:31 AM, Tom wrote:
> I've found this too.  The contents are of practically zero use to
> someone who's actually got a running installation of TB!.  I looked
> and couldn't even find REs in the index, I had to do a search for
> them....  ;(

    For me it is a general problem with Windows applications that the contents
are utterly worthless.  Nothing is where /I/ would place it.  I just don't
rely upon them any more and fall into O'Reilly mode, look at the index first,
find what you need there.  With a good index you don't need a ToC.

    Of course, I'm also the guy who has the Perl Desktop Reference for a few
versions back on his Palm IIIe just so he can do basic searches on it to find
/exactly/ what he needs quickly.  ;)