When I compose an e-mail note and close it without sending it, I am
prompted to save it or not.

If I save it, it goes to the Outbox. If I choose not to save it, it is
gone. Fair enough.

However if I open a message in the Outbox to continue editing, and
choose not to save it, the original message in the Outbox disappears
also. Not fair. Why is does the original disappear also? It ought to
go to Trash.

I worked for an hour or so writing a message and saved it. After a
brief addition, in haste I did not save it. I lost it all.

Ouch!

Thanks.

--
Leonard S. Berkowitz

Using The Bat! v5.2.2 on Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1