Dear Adrian,

@20-Mar-2014, 2:17  +0100  (20-Mar 13:42 here) Adrian Godfrey [AG] in
mid:917173991.20140320144...@ags.lu said:

AG> In   Eudora,   I  just  pick a personality from the list of accounts I
AG> have  created.  There  is  only  ONE  Outbox  for  all messages in the
AG> outgoing   mail  queue  irrespective  of  which  account  I  selected.

A correctly configured SMTP server should not be asked to handle
relaying for alien domains unless it is a routing or receiving server.
Single outbox was one of the reasons I dumped Eudora and not something
you should look to emulate.

AG> Similarly  in Eudora, there is only one Inbox which you create filters
... <snip>
AG> I  cannot  find  that same functionality in The Bat.

They are known as "Common Filters". Instead of having one Inbox for
all accounts (horribly inflexible), in The Bat you can filter all
inbound messages for general distribution.

... <snip>
AG> sent. But if I do change the account, I have to make a mental note
AG> of which one it was and then move from that outbox afterwards to
AG> the outbox for the account I actually want to send from.

In the middle of the editor window status bar is an indicator of which
account you are currently using. Left click to change account. Simple.

Vive la difference! If every piece of software had exactly the same
features with identical interfaces, what point would the be of having
different software?

I was also a one time Eudora user. There is nothing Eudora did that TB
doesn't do better. There is also a large list of things TB does that
Eudora doesn't. It just takes getting used to the differences and
getting to grips with the new paradigm.

--
Cheers -- Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v6.3.0.7 (ALPHA) on Windows 6.2.9200

'