Hello TBUDLs,

A fruitless telephone session with an ASUS representative taught me
that I wouldn't be able to downgrade this $900 laptop to Win 7 because
"there were no drivers for Win 7 on the ASUS website." In frustration
I headed to my local computer guru thinking *he* might know where to
find the drivers and got about halfway there when I remembered
something.  I had been able to eliminate the display-delay problem by
doing a "safe" boot.  I turned around and went back home and started
deleting programs that weren't necessary to the operation of the OS.

I used REVO Un-installer to first erase from the computer WUALA, a
syncing program.  This deletion made no difference in the problems
with TB.  The next thing I deleted was MaAfee firewall/anti-virus
(after first turning off the WIFI).  Voila!  No more problems with TB.
I downloaded & installed AVG anti-virus and turned on Windows firewall
to compensate for the now discarded MaAfee.  I reloaded WUALA and
still no re-occurrence of the problems I had been having.  Not only
was the display-delay problem gone but I was then able to successfully
register with the key block provided by RIT Labs.  The same key block
I had saved on the original installation of v5.2 by the way.

Curiously, and this may explain why I had been having the first 56
characters appear in the registration box, when I went to register I
copied the key block into the clipboard and did HELP/ENTER
REGISTRATION CODE and a message immediately popped up thanking me for
registering the program.  I never even had a chance to paste the
clipboard contents into the registration box.  Apparently TB fetches
the contents of the clipboard automatically when you're trying to
register the program.

My apologies for taking up so much bandwidth but I though it important
that this information be available in the archives should anyone else
encounter a similar problem.

My profound thanks to all who tried to help me with this difficulty.
I think there is no greater tech support than this list.

--
TIA,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1