> I sent an e-mail note to group of about 16 people, one of whom is my
> wife. Verizon returned the following"
>
> Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
>
>   Recipient address: @resst168051v.mailsrvcs.net:vze8p0db@ims-ms-daemon
>   Original address: csberkow...@verizon.net
>   Reason: Rejection greeting returned by server.
>   Diagnostic code: lmtp;500 Do not connect to this machine
>   Remote system: dns;resst168051v.mailsrvcs.net
>                 (TCP|172.18.173.15|18104|172.19.168.52|225)
>                 (Do not connect to this machine)
>
> I send notes to groups that include my wife about twice a week with
> never a problem.
>
> What is going on here?
>
> Thanks.

It could be a configuration error (too strict) or perfectly strict (and your
machine (per IP) is no longer allowed to connect). Likely, it's the latter as
172.18.173.15 is http://whatismyipaddress.com/private-ip

Related info:
Locate "16.5.1 To Configure Back End Stores with LMTP and a Minimal MTA":
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19566-01/819-4428/6n6j426tp/index.html

--
St - Musaic.Net <mailto:listen2rea...@musaic.net>